Power line networking adapters are really nothing new. They have been in use in Europe and the Pacific for years. This is due mainly to the way buildings are constructed (and the large number of older stone and brick buildings) where you can end up with a large wireless dead zone in your own home. Enter the power line adapter. It can use the electrical circuits in your home to create a LAN connection. Power line adapters have been making their way over to the U.S. as well.
The adoption of power line has been slow in the U.S. mostly due to the wood and gypsum board construction in houses. There are still places where older steel and stone construction interferes with wireless signals and it is there that we see the most significant market. Power line adapters like the HP-3000E are also becoming popular with people concerned about wireless security.
The Air Live HP-3000E is very typical of your basic starter kit. It features two 200Mbps power line adapters, two CAT-5 cables and the configuration software needed to setup your power line network. It can get you up and running in a few minutes with a secure physical connection to even the most remote parts of your house.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo wants best third party games on Switch
- 'xXx 4' is a go, with Vin Diesel to return
- Major flaw found in Intel CPUs and HT, needs BIOS fix
- Apple talks about designing the touchscreen for iPhone
- Facebook pays up to $3 million per ep for original shows
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller