The Gateway MD7826u
After opening the no-frills box and pulling the Gateway MD7826u from its foam cocoon, I got my first look at the Gateway MD7826u. As I mentioned before, the test notebook I was sent is in a burgundy color that the final version isn't available in. All I can say is that the burgundy hue is very nice looking. It's too bad that black is the only option the final product comes in. The burgundy is glossy and has a metallic base that looks very nice. I can only assume that the black final version looks as good as my test sample.
The right side of the Gateway MD7826u is dominated by the optical drive and a pair of USB ports.
Moving to the left side of the machine, you find the HDMI out port, memory card reader, two more USB ports, VGA out, Ethernet port, modem port and an ExpressCard slot. The power port and security lock port are also on this side.
The rear of the Gateway MD7826u is blank except for a large right side grate to let hot air out.
The front edge of the machine has several indicator lights, a pair of headphone jacks and a single microphone jack. The dual headphone jacks make sharing a movie with a friend easy to do in private.
Once you open the glossy lid, you get your first glimpse at the brushed aluminum looking wrist rest area (which appears to be textured plastic), large track pad, full-size keyboard and the touch sensitive backlit controls for media functions.
As you can see in this image, the glossy screen is prone to showing reflections in bright rooms.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Gateway MD7826u]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Bootup / Shutdown Times, PC Mark Vantage & WinRAR]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Cache / Memory & Passmark PerformanceTest]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Tune, EVEREST Disk Tests & Quickpar]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - MS Media Encoder & Battery Life - MobileMark 2007]
- Page 10 [Hands On Use]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- BBC's Grand Theft Auto TV movie 'The Gamechangers' trailer arrives
- Amnesia creators show off the latest trailer to SOMA, arrives Sep 22
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- ASUS unveils a new super-powered gaming notebook that is watercooled
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015