Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued Again
Just to give you some idea; when I say long, I mean LONG! - SilverStone has made plenty sure that these wires can be routed around the back and still make it to connect to any board layout with relative ease.
A look at the inside of the top of the RV01, shows that SilverStone chose a 120mm, top exhausting fan and also vented expansion slot covers. Every little bit helps when trying to let nature take its course a little more efficiently. I do want to add that even the fan wire is long enough to be routed and still reach the vicinity of the PSU.
As you can see with the rear cover removed, there is room for external water cooling. The RV01 has two, rubber grommet covered holes that will easily accept ½" tubing. There are also some supplied clips that I will get to in the hardware section, to help in mounting a radiator.
Removing the rear door sheds a clear view of the wiring side of things. The four clips in the motherboard tray help hold the wires into place as you route them to one of the four pre-cut holes. The top left, you can see the holes for securely mounting the optical drives. Just below that is the open side of the hard drives; plenty of room to get all your drives hooked up and the wires tucked in place. Lastly, at the very bottom is the space for mounting even some of the longer power supplies and even still have room to hide extra wires to the left.
Removing the drive covers reveals the RV01's five external drive bays, the bottom three of which need the step plates removed for use. Simply spin them around from top to bottom and they give way fairly easy.
The doors of the RV01 are solid and this side has a window that is held in place with chromed hardware to accent the door. Both doors, as I said, are vented through the bottom. There is an outer mesh that keeps little fingers out of the holes as well.
Since both doors are almost mirror images, I chose to show the inside of the back door. The screws around the edges is to hold the plastic angled pieces into place and you can see the venting has an inside dust screen as well. This screen can be removed and washed as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 6 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued]
- Page 7 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued Again]
- Page 8 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 9 [The Build]
- Page 10 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20