Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued Again
Just to give you some idea; when I say long, I mean LONG! - SilverStone has made plenty sure that these wires can be routed around the back and still make it to connect to any board layout with relative ease.
A look at the inside of the top of the RV01, shows that SilverStone chose a 120mm, top exhausting fan and also vented expansion slot covers. Every little bit helps when trying to let nature take its course a little more efficiently. I do want to add that even the fan wire is long enough to be routed and still reach the vicinity of the PSU.
As you can see with the rear cover removed, there is room for external water cooling. The RV01 has two, rubber grommet covered holes that will easily accept ½" tubing. There are also some supplied clips that I will get to in the hardware section, to help in mounting a radiator.
Removing the rear door sheds a clear view of the wiring side of things. The four clips in the motherboard tray help hold the wires into place as you route them to one of the four pre-cut holes. The top left, you can see the holes for securely mounting the optical drives. Just below that is the open side of the hard drives; plenty of room to get all your drives hooked up and the wires tucked in place. Lastly, at the very bottom is the space for mounting even some of the longer power supplies and even still have room to hide extra wires to the left.
Removing the drive covers reveals the RV01's five external drive bays, the bottom three of which need the step plates removed for use. Simply spin them around from top to bottom and they give way fairly easy.
The doors of the RV01 are solid and this side has a window that is held in place with chromed hardware to accent the door. Both doors, as I said, are vented through the bottom. There is an outer mesh that keeps little fingers out of the holes as well.
Since both doors are almost mirror images, I chose to show the inside of the back door. The screws around the edges is to hold the plastic angled pieces into place and you can see the venting has an inside dust screen as well. This screen can be removed and washed as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 6 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued]
- Page 7 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued Again]
- Page 8 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 9 [The Build]
- Page 10 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new Sonix PCIe 480GB SSD reads at 2.8GB/sec
- Halloween Sale: Under $7 for Evil Within & Mad Max
- ZOTAC's new mini PC packs full-sized GeForce GTX 1080
- Brand new Intel Kaby Lake HP laptops, up to $510 Off
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards