Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The RAVEN SST-RV01B-W (black with a window), that SilverStone has let us take a look at, comes with an all SECC, 0.8mm, steel construction. The case then takes on new lines and shapes with the addition of various pieces of the reinforced plastic shell. The RV01 will accept a total of five form factors for motherboard choices and has a total of eleven bays for all your additional drives. The RAVEN is cooled with three supplied fans, two of which are 180mm at the bottom and run at a minimal 18dBS. The top fan is the same noise level, but in a 120mm version. This chassis with no equipment weighs in at 15 Kg, or roughly 33 lbs and is large in size overall.
With the release of the RAVEN SST-RV01B-W being not too awful long ago, I am surprised to see they have started to populate the more major e-tailers. Even though my Google shopping trip came up with only seven places carrying this chassis, I found that a little more looking turns up the RAVEN RV01 in a few more places. Availability is good now and can only get better at this point. I'm sure a few more e-tailers are getting their ads ready as I type this.
SilverStone cases have always, in my opinion, demanded a slightly higher asking price than the average case, but that is due to the time and effort it takes to do things right the first time. The RAVEN SST-RV01B-W lists currently at Newegg for the asking price of $249.99 U.S. Dollars, plus shipping. For that price range at Newegg there is nothing as unique in looks and as revolutionary in design as what SilverStone offers its customers who choose to purchase the RV01. This case is a bit steep for some buyers, but to be honest, even SilverStone labels this as an enthusiast piece of hardware; not exactly for the budget minded buyers out there. It's that time again, where we finally get to open it up and see firsthand what the RAVEN SST-RV01B-W is all about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 6 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued]
- Page 7 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued Again]
- Page 8 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 9 [The Build]
- Page 10 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications