In my short time with PC's I have always looked to see what other people were using to house their hardware in. Some of the cleanest and sexiest PC builds were done in a couple of cases that caught my eye. These are the FT01 and the TJ09 cases from SilverStone. The only issue was that I always tended to opt to buy a cheaper case and spread my dollars elsewhere in the build. Nothing against SilverStone, I just couldn't afford that kind of luxury at the time.
SilverStone has now released a new revolution to the ATX community by designing a chassis that allows the heat to naturally rise through the case by orienting the motherboard tray 90° to the right. This essentially lays the board on its side and then has the CPU fan and video cards exhausting out the top of the case. This concept seems so obvious now, but it took SilverStone to throw all their eggs in a new basket and run with it to actually bring this to the market. And still, this isn't all of it! - SilverStone took another step outside the box of the "average" case and created stealth inspired panels and covers to make the RAVEN RV01 shaped like no other.
Looking at the outside of the box and reading over the features and what is inside, I have to say it looks like SilverStone has thought of everything. Matte black Exterior and odd angled trimmings makes this case a "love it or hate it" type of design. Myself, I'm still not sure on the outside looks, but just from looking at the box, I am impressed with what is done inside. I think it is about time we open the SST-RV01B-W and see if SilverStone has thought of all the angles, not just the ones on the outside of the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 6 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued]
- Page 7 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued Again]
- Page 8 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 9 [The Build]
- Page 10 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset