Web Based Interface
The RT-N15 uses the same default IP for access that the majority of routers do; 192.168.1.1. After the quick setup runs you can login and change the configuration to your heart's content. One of the first things I would recommend doing (right after you change your Admin password) is to upgrade your firmware. Once you have done this you will have a new and much easier to navigate web setup utility.
ASUS' new Web Interface includes a nice network map; this allows you to graphically see the number of systems connected, the firmware version and important information about your wireless setup without the need to drill down into the application.
The new firmware also has an easy to find button for the EZQoS which allows you to very easily adjust the bandwidth control for whatever type of traffic you use most. The four profiles available are Game Blaster, Internet Application, FTP (Data) and VoIP/Video Streaming. You can have multiple profiles selected and the RT-N15 will segment the bandwidth to make sure you have enough for each.
Next up is all of your advanced configuration options. These are mostly supporting options for the main settings in addition to administrative functions for your router.
Additional features that can be found are advanced firewall settings to protect from DoS attacks; these are under the basic firewall settings. It is nice to see that ASUS feels these should be standard.
Next we see more bandwidth control features with long packet fragmentation settings. This is represented by a number between 1 and100 (representing the percentage of fragmentation); the smaller the number, the better the performance. However, not all packets like to be fragmented. Some packets, like VPN packets, do not like to be broken up. I would recommend between 45 to 65 for best stability and performance.
ASUS also provides a simple one click solution to change the operation mode of the RT-N15 and you can also set this up under the wireless bridge section.
ASUS also provides common advanced settings for wireless security such as MAC filtering and WPS setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- Google flooded with 'right to be forgotten', 1 million URLs so far
- OnePlus won't replace faulty USB Type-C cable on its OnePlus 2 handset
- Introducing Li-Fi, the Wi-Fi killer that boasts 224Gbps
- NVIDIA rumored to be preparing the GeForce GTX 960 Ti
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family