Across the board we've seen some good gains from the HD 4890 when compared to the HD 4870. With that said, though, it's not next generation gains, which is fine since ATI chose to keep the card a part of the HD 4800 series. If they had come out and called it a HD 5870 it would have been a lot more disappointing as we would have expected something that would really give the GTX 285 a run for its money.
Diving more in to the Sapphire part of the card, there isn't much to say about the card itself. It uses the default clocks, which are a nice increase from the HD 4870 and also the stock cooler which, while doing a better job at cooling, is also louder.
But the package is where Sapphire has really shined. While they haven't included anything in the line of full version games, they have added a nice little package which includes 3DMark Vantage, PowerDVD and Cyberlink DVD Suite. It really is a step up from what a lot of other companies offer.
If you're an ATI fan and you want to upgrade the HD 4870, this is a good jump that should give you a nice performance increase over your current card. If you're using something even older than a HD 4870 then the performance increase will be very much appreciated.
The HD 4890 is a nice card that looks to have a nice launch price. While NVIDIA are still ultimately the king when it comes to downright performance, ATI continue to offer its users and fans good valued products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni