Well, after our testing was complete, I believe that we managed to answer both of the questions that were on our mind. Yes, the Thermaltake GeForce4 Cooler does manage to lower GPU chipset temperatures. Yes, it also manages to allow us to overclock at least a little higher because of this. Sounds like we have a good thing going here.
But how about pricing? Though it is difficult to find this cooler right now, that will change in the very near future. We were able to get one of the early units for testing, but they are being made ready for retail sales. Pricing will be around US$20, so shouldn't be too much an issue. After all, if you are going to spend upwards of $400 for a video card, then why not get a little added insurance to help it work better and last longer?
Bottom line... While the coolers installed on most GeForce4 cards are better than any other stock heatsink of the past, the Thermaltake GeForce4 Cooler is even better. Effective cooling and higher overclocking capabilities make this something to consider for those who either have bought, or are planning to buy a GeForce4 video card.
One final note for those who are new to the GeForce4 series of video board. The pin layout for the heatsink is not the same as for those of older video boards. Unless you are planning on using an epoxy of some sort, a normal chipset cooler will not work on the GeForce4 Ti series video card.
Very good cooling
Comes with RAM sinks
RAM sink fins placed horizontally
Base not smooth enough
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse