OCZ Enhanced SDRAM
The Overclockerz Store was started up as a online hardware store that sells PC equipment such as memory, CPU, hard disks and video cards but more importantly they sell CPU, RAM and video cards that are pre-tested to do a certain (overclocked) speed. We were fortunate enough to receive a 128MB PC133 SDRAM stick from OCZ that was pre tested and rated to operate at 150MHz. According to Ryan from OCZ, they "hand pick" Micron memory for their chips and only the best of the best chips are used. The OCZ Enhanced, uses different chips than the green memory chips used on Micron's own brand and this is single sided 6 layer PCB for extra stability at high speeds.
In OCZ inhouse testing Ryan from OCZ told me they were able to archive higher operating frequencies then we were able to in our testing, we are not sure why this is the case though. It may have been that OCZ tested on a different chipset and resulted in better results. For example, testing was done on a VIA KT133A chipset based board and that this RAM was given to us before KT133A was even created, so this may have something to do with it... Remember, if you buy OCZ memory you very well MAY be able to get higher operating frequencies then we were able to, but this should really be considered the case for all of the memory in this roundup.
OCZ Memory Features
Maximum Rated Operating Frequency = 133MHz
CAS Latency = 2
RAS to CAS Delay = 2
Precharge Delay = 2
Device Cycle Time = 6.6ns
On-Board Serial Presence Detect (SPD)
JEDEC PC-133 SDRAM DIMM Compatible
While the DIMM only has an official rated speed of 133Mhz don't let this fool you, this RAM is easily capable of 150Mhz and higher.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 1
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 2
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 3
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 4
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- QPAD uses DreamHack to launch its first new mouse shape in seven years
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS