OCZ Enhanced SDRAM
The Overclockerz Store was started up as a online hardware store that sells PC equipment such as memory, CPU, hard disks and video cards but more importantly they sell CPU, RAM and video cards that are pre-tested to do a certain (overclocked) speed. We were fortunate enough to receive a 128MB PC133 SDRAM stick from OCZ that was pre tested and rated to operate at 150MHz. According to Ryan from OCZ, they "hand pick" Micron memory for their chips and only the best of the best chips are used. The OCZ Enhanced, uses different chips than the green memory chips used on Micron's own brand and this is single sided 6 layer PCB for extra stability at high speeds.
In OCZ inhouse testing Ryan from OCZ told me they were able to archive higher operating frequencies then we were able to in our testing, we are not sure why this is the case though. It may have been that OCZ tested on a different chipset and resulted in better results. For example, testing was done on a VIA KT133A chipset based board and that this RAM was given to us before KT133A was even created, so this may have something to do with it... Remember, if you buy OCZ memory you very well MAY be able to get higher operating frequencies then we were able to, but this should really be considered the case for all of the memory in this roundup.
OCZ Memory Features
Maximum Rated Operating Frequency = 133MHz
CAS Latency = 2
RAS to CAS Delay = 2
Precharge Delay = 2
Device Cycle Time = 6.6ns
On-Board Serial Presence Detect (SPD)
JEDEC PC-133 SDRAM DIMM Compatible
While the DIMM only has an official rated speed of 133Mhz don't let this fool you, this RAM is easily capable of 150Mhz and higher.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 1
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 2
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 3
- PC150 SDRAM Roundup - Page 4
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now