Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Hitachi E7K1000 is available in three capacity sizes, 500, 750 and 1TB. All of the drives feature the same 7,200 RPM platter speeds and 32MB cache size. The 1TB drive is unique in its power rating, using .8 watts more than the two smaller models.
Like many of their competitors, Hitachi offers the E7K1000 with Bulk Data Encryption (BDE) as an option. BDE is an AES encryption scheme that makes it impossible to remove the drive from the host machine and use it to steal information from the drive.BDE is not found on standard drives like the one we are looking at here today and you would need to contact Hitachi directly to purchase the BDE enabled drives.
I searched high and low to find the 1TB E7K1000 on the market and was finally able to locate a seller listing all three capacity versions. PC Connection lists the 500GB model at 94.95 USD, the 750GB model at 180.68 USD and the 1TB like we are looking at today for 189.95.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD