The Hitachi E7K1000 is an enterprise class drive that gave us above average performance in nearly all tests. The large 32MB cache worked well at reducing the latency and the higher density platters helped to increase sustained transfer speed.
On the surface 1TB drives are not all that exciting, but once you dig deeper these drives are starting to become the workhorse of the enterprise and SOHO markets. Their new found price point has played a big part in that. Pair the initial cost of ownership with the new "green" feature set that reduces the operational costs and you have a win / win for enterprise users; less drives with a lower cost of operation for more space in a smaller number of servers.
Overall, the Hitachi E7K1000 is a good drive for the enterprise market. Availability is a little on the shallow side and the cost is a bit higher than the desktop versions, but in the server room the additional features of the enterprise variant are worth the additional cost. Incorporated technologies like RVS will even out the additional upfront costs over time since it will add to the drives reliability. Another feature that is often overlooked in enterprise class products is the additional 3 years of warranty over the desktop drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio