EPoX of late have had success after success. A little over three years ago, EPoX was a name unheard of, but today they are one of the biggest overclockers on the market. The 4G4A+ certainly does not tarnish this reputation.
The 4G4A+ in the stability section was unwavering. Even when running aggressive memory timings there were no hiccups at all. Overclocking stability is another of its great attributes. Able to support up to 170MHz FSB on our P4 2.4GHz 533FSB CPU shows that this board can push the limits, and the added settings in BIOS to control your overclocking are well above the average.
Feature-wise the 4G4A+ has just about everything you will want, 6 USB 2.0 ports standard due to ICH4, no need for external controllers makes this board cheaper. ATA-133 RAID controller that supports IDE UDMA made allows maximum compatibility and upgradeability in the future. In all, the board is well ahead of the pack. While the AC'97 Audio is still present, this does support 6ch audio and is reasonable quality thanks to the Realtek chip and Advance drivers. This chip is really the only AC'97 chip that provides fair quality.
USB 2.0 Standard
Could do with Firewire, but that's not essential.
Rating - 10/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 3 [Features]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4