EPoX of late have had success after success. A little over three years ago, EPoX was a name unheard of, but today they are one of the biggest overclockers on the market. The 4G4A+ certainly does not tarnish this reputation.
The 4G4A+ in the stability section was unwavering. Even when running aggressive memory timings there were no hiccups at all. Overclocking stability is another of its great attributes. Able to support up to 170MHz FSB on our P4 2.4GHz 533FSB CPU shows that this board can push the limits, and the added settings in BIOS to control your overclocking are well above the average.
Feature-wise the 4G4A+ has just about everything you will want, 6 USB 2.0 ports standard due to ICH4, no need for external controllers makes this board cheaper. ATA-133 RAID controller that supports IDE UDMA made allows maximum compatibility and upgradeability in the future. In all, the board is well ahead of the pack. While the AC'97 Audio is still present, this does support 6ch audio and is reasonable quality thanks to the Realtek chip and Advance drivers. This chip is really the only AC'97 chip that provides fair quality.
USB 2.0 Standard
Could do with Firewire, but that's not essential.
Rating - 10/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 3 [Features]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- EPoX 4G4A+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- KFC denies leak of 11 secret herbs and spices recipe
- Raw Data update has a huge list of new features, enemies
- HTC 'still having internal discussions' on next-gen Vive
- CON MAN game has arrived on Apple & Android devices
- Ubisoft culls four PC games due to lack of popularity
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......
- Memory Slot Issue - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
- Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 memory question?
- were is the 1394 label
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller