The first thing I thought I would mention is that like all GeForce4 cards currently on the market, the Leadtek A250 Ultra is based around nVidia's reference design. The only difference between the Leadtek card and the reference design is that it features a totally different and radical cooling solution. The heatsink/fan unit is quite large and features an assortment of fins to increase the surface area, which as some of you may know also increases cooling performance.
As mentioned above, the heatsink is a new and radical design, mostly due to the fact that it is the only dual fan cooling solution we have seen for the Ti4600 card at the time of review. Another interesting fact is that the heatsink stretches all the way around to the back to cool the Samsung BGA memory and the backside of the GPU itself. We would have taken off the sink but it is a nearly impossible process without breaking the pins.
The Fans that Cool
Leadtek has done a good job on the fans for the cooling. These fans are 40mm in size and run at 300RPM. They have a guard on them to prevent cables getting caught in the fan and a dust protection layer. Yes, it has a mesh inside to protect the fan from dust, another first for VGA cards.
Leadtek has decided to use the same TV encoder chip that the X-Box itself uses. This produces a much better quality TV out as well as DVD to TV playback experience. However, Leadtek still hasn't mastered it fully, some less than stellar DVD quality is still present, but better than previous GeForce3 efforts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- Photo of the glass panels for the Galaxy S8 leaked
- Model S P100D runs 0-100 in 2.3 sec with latest update
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni