The first thing I thought I would mention is that like all GeForce4 cards currently on the market, the Leadtek A250 Ultra is based around nVidia's reference design. The only difference between the Leadtek card and the reference design is that it features a totally different and radical cooling solution. The heatsink/fan unit is quite large and features an assortment of fins to increase the surface area, which as some of you may know also increases cooling performance.
As mentioned above, the heatsink is a new and radical design, mostly due to the fact that it is the only dual fan cooling solution we have seen for the Ti4600 card at the time of review. Another interesting fact is that the heatsink stretches all the way around to the back to cool the Samsung BGA memory and the backside of the GPU itself. We would have taken off the sink but it is a nearly impossible process without breaking the pins.
The Fans that Cool
Leadtek has done a good job on the fans for the cooling. These fans are 40mm in size and run at 300RPM. They have a guard on them to prevent cables getting caught in the fan and a dust protection layer. Yes, it has a mesh inside to protect the fan from dust, another first for VGA cards.
Leadtek has decided to use the same TV encoder chip that the X-Box itself uses. This produces a much better quality TV out as well as DVD to TV playback experience. However, Leadtek still hasn't mastered it fully, some less than stellar DVD quality is still present, but better than previous GeForce3 efforts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- body to struggle with Mental Health
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015