The first thing I thought I would mention is that like all GeForce4 cards currently on the market, the Leadtek A250 Ultra is based around nVidia's reference design. The only difference between the Leadtek card and the reference design is that it features a totally different and radical cooling solution. The heatsink/fan unit is quite large and features an assortment of fins to increase the surface area, which as some of you may know also increases cooling performance.
As mentioned above, the heatsink is a new and radical design, mostly due to the fact that it is the only dual fan cooling solution we have seen for the Ti4600 card at the time of review. Another interesting fact is that the heatsink stretches all the way around to the back to cool the Samsung BGA memory and the backside of the GPU itself. We would have taken off the sink but it is a nearly impossible process without breaking the pins.
The Fans that Cool
Leadtek has done a good job on the fans for the cooling. These fans are 40mm in size and run at 300RPM. They have a guard on them to prevent cables getting caught in the fan and a dust protection layer. Yes, it has a mesh inside to protect the fan from dust, another first for VGA cards.
Leadtek has decided to use the same TV encoder chip that the X-Box itself uses. This produces a much better quality TV out as well as DVD to TV playback experience. However, Leadtek still hasn't mastered it fully, some less than stellar DVD quality is still present, but better than previous GeForce3 efforts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- Samsung confirms Black Pearl; comes with more storage
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD