What you get
Most companies anymore try to keep their added software to a minimum. It's just my opinion, but I think that this is a good thing. It helps keep the costs of the package down, and most of us don't use the software anyway. I can say from experience that a vast majority of the people who would even be interested in this card already have the software they are wanting to run. Either that or they are making plans on some brand new game with all kinds of bells and whistles. So I'm all for keeping the extra stuff to a minimum and letting me save a few bucks for something I really need.
That said, we have a very simple gathering of items here that gets right down to the business of cool graphics. Included in the box is the video card (of course), a manual, cables necessary to use the S-Video output, a driver disk, WinDVD and the non-retail version of Serious Sam. Not included are a lot of fancy utilities that we won't use anyway.
And in case you're wondering about the inclusion of the WinDVD program, consider that the GeForce4 video cards are fully capable of handling DVD movies without the need for an MPEG card. Since the WinDVD program is low cost, it just makes sure that everyone has what is necessary to enjoy some full-screen movie madness.
Also of note concerning the driver disk is that it adds a tab in the video card's advanced properties for adjusting the clock speeds of the card. I just love it when the manufacturer realizes what we want and makes it readily available.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 3 [In the Box]
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 4 [The Card]
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 5 [Testing]
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 6 [Testing Continued/Overclocking]
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN modders have created some truly beautiful custom PCs
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream