MSI have always had a good reputation for stability and quality, and this is evident once again in the KT3 Ultra ARU. During our testing, this board never froze on us, unless we pushed the overclocking too hard. Overclocking of the board was a painless affair, while there wasn't as many options as most other boards have, the ones that were present satisfied our needs and allowed for a pleasant overclocking experience.
Features wise, MSI has come up with the goods again - USB 2.0 controller worked like a charm, onboard sound was perfect and RAID was not a problem in the world. We tested the board with onboard peripherals enabled and disabled to see if there was a big performance gap between the two for interest sakes - You loose close to 3% system speed when all are enabled, but this is more than acceptable, considering AC'97 audio drains the system resources by 13% itself.
Layout wise, I would have preferred to see a 6th PCI slot or a ACR slot over the CNR. CNR is an aging standard that we have only seen cards made for but not actually put into practical use on the retail market. In fact I haven't seen AMR, CNR or ACR cards used in any OEM systems, so this really wastes some space in my opinion.
In all, the board was a very delightful board to toy around with and defiantly gets a seal of approval from us.
-Overclocking in reasonable
-CNR slot instead of 6th PCI
-Overclocking options could be a bit more in-depth
-Use of AMI BIOS over Award.
9 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD rumored to launch Vega 10 with HBM2 later this year
- AMD gaining discrete GPU market share from NVIDIA
- This fan made 'Indiana Jones' animated short rocks
- Cyberpunk 2077 has 'huge living cities,' real-time AI
- Quantum Break on Steam missing SLI support, DirectX 12
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now