Real World D3D Benchmarks
Max Payne is a new generation DirectX 7/8 game. This game is based on Hardware T&L advancements as well as many other features of the Intel Pentium 4 and Athlon XP.
Above we can see that MSI has both highly optimized 3D and Memory thus allowing it to take the lead in the intense 3D gaming sections over the other boards.
Aquanox is the latest installment of our benchmark software suite. This game is based heavily on DirectX 8 and 8.1 advancements and is designed to stress video cards to their ultimate limit.
In this benchmark we see the MSI is just 1fps behind the 8K3A+. Really this isn't anything to write home about in terms of real-world performance.
Star Trek Armada
Star Trek Armada is a real world direct 3D benchmark based on DirectX 7 enhancements. Star Trek Armada uses swap files for storage of large graphics and maps during its benchmarking and makes it a great IDE test tool.
MSI takes equal first place again with the EPoX 8K3A+.
Star Trek Armada II
Star Trek Armada II is designed on the original Armada engine but with DirectX 8.1 display support, reducing the bottleneck by using fully accelerated 3D Graphics. Like Armada 1. Armada 2 is a more hard disk intense benchmark rather than anything else and is a good indicator if the IDE system has any weaknesses. With new DirectX 8.1 activation patches we are now given DX8 graphics support to reduce the video card bottleneck.
MSI just falls behind the 8K3A+ again, this is due to the 8K3A's IDE system being better tweaked.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20