- 300 Watt Power Supply
The Wind Tunnel Plus comes with a 300 watt generic power supply that is ATX 2.01 & 2.03 compliant. The 300 watt power is enough to power my testbed system for TweakTown which includes 2x HDD, 1x DVD and 1x LS-120 as well as all the fans which are included with the Wind Tunnel Plus. For some with overclocked peltier systems or with more drives may find themselves running out of power. So, for an additional price CoolerGuys can upgrade the power supply of the Wind Tunnel Plus with a Enermax 330 watt "Whisper" power supply for an extra US$45.00 or a Enermax 451 watt power supply for an extra US$85.00. If you are intending on adding extra drives or cooling, I'd recommend you considering buying and "upgrading" to a more powerful and better quality Enermax power supply. As I did, be sure to check that the power supply voltage is set correctly to match your country, luckily I did or I would have had to replace a few fried system components. Considering this case is designed for the value market, it's understandable CoolerGuys didn't originally include a high quality Enermax power supply.
- Drive Bays
The Wind Tunnel Plus case features three 5¼ drive bays and three 3½ bays. This means that this case is capable of holding three CDROM size drives and two HDD and one floppy disk drive. This case is not designed to be a server box or one with a RAID setup and it never will be due to limited drive bays. The amount of drive bays in this case are standard and should be more than enough for standard PC users, with standard system configurations.
- Side Panels
Unlike most older AT computer cases, you are able to slide off each side panel separately instead of removing the complete cover like on some cases. This is handy for those of us that often change their system parts around. The panels side freely and are held in place with three case screws.
As you can see from the information above, the Wind Tunnel is full of, mostly, excellent features which we are very pleased with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New iPhone 8 leaked renders allegedly show final design
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- NVIDIA CEO hands out first Tesla V100s to AI researchers
- ADATA's new XPG SPECTRIC D40: RGB DDR4 for X299
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology