All of the overclocking options on the Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra are located in a BIOS menu called the "SOYO Combo Setup". Here you can adjust FSB speed up to 255MHz in 1MHz increments, multiplier adjustments up to 14x, VCore up to 1.85V, DIMM voltage up to 2.8V and AGP voltage up to 1.8V. On top of this, you can set the CPU:DRAM clock to run at 133/133MHz or in Asynchronous mode at 133/166MHz.
All of the necessary memory adjustments are available. These include DRAM Timing, CAS Latency, Bank Interleave, Precharge to Active, Active to Precharge, Active to CMD, Command Rate and so on. With a 1.85V VCore and default DIMM/AGP voltages I was able to overclock my AthlonXP 1800+ (11.5 x 133MHz) to 1815MHz (11 x 165). This is around 286MHz over its default speed and I am very pleased with the overclocking ability of this board.
As you have probably guessed by now, I really like the Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra. It features high performance that is on par with competing KT333 boards and is also feature packed, providing onboard 6-channel audio, 10/100 ethernet, USB 2.0 w/ drive bay panel, ATA133 RAID support and a decent software bundle. It also features an excellent layout and to top things off, it looks good too!
At a price of around $US165, the KT333 Dragon Ultra is not the cheapest KT333 board on the market, however, all of its added features and the overall quality of the board certainly justify its cost. The bottom line is, if you are looking for a high performing, feature-rich motherboard for your AMD Athlon or Duron processor, you won't be disappointed if you purchase the Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra.
Onboard 10/100 Ethernet
Onboard 6-channel audio
Decent software bundle
Slightly high price
Rating - 10/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20