Taking A Closer Look
- Packaging and Software Bundle
As you can see from the above image, the board comes packaged in a rather large, white box that features a small plastic handle, quite similar to the one Abit are using with their AT7 motherboard packaging. I'm not sure how useful this handle will be for the majority of you, as you will most likely be either ordering the board online or carrying it from the store to your car. However, in my opinion it was a smart move marketing-wise because it gives Soyo a bit of free advertising if someone actually does decide to walk up the road carrying the box by its handle instead of placing it in some sort of bag.
Upon opening the box you are greeted with quite a few goodies. These include a detailed User's Manual, a driver CD, three ATA33/66/100/133 cables, a floppy cable, a packet of thermal compound, a bracket that enables the extra onboard sound ports and a 8 in 1 Bonus Pack CD. This CD includes a range of popular utilities, namely Norton Antivirus 2002, Norton Ghost 2002, Adobe ActiveShare, Vcom Autosave, Acrobat ebook Reader, Acrobat Reader, ImageMore and WinDVD.
Also included with the board is a USB panel that can either go into a 3 1/2" or 5 1/4" drive bay. This panel enables four extra USB 1.1/2.0 ports and is very useful for those of you that own a lot of USB devices or just don't want to reach around the back of your case every time you want to install/uninstall a USB device. I will be talking about this panel in greater detail a bit later on in the review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications