At the end of the day, the Intel Pentium 4 with a 533MHz FSB is a full-on jump in the right direction for Intel. This new advancement allows for the current Pentium 4 line to gain extra ground over existing P4's, upcoming P4 Celeron's and the Athlon XP, which is still stuck on a 2.1GB/s bandwidth.
The overall increase of the system bandwidth allows for faster memory (especially with DDR-400 and above being released). Intel has moved towards a light they never seem to have seen before. Intel has stated that the i850E is only a temporary solution to the Pentium 4 533FSB CPU. Intel has made its move away from RDRAM and this has proven to be a big seller now, especially in the OEM market. With DDR-SDRAM and i845D going into Compaq, IBM and HP computers, it's good to see this standard take off.
On the negative side of things, we only found one flaw; Price. Pentium 4 2.4GHz CPU's are retailing at over $1200 AUD, resulting in a massive cost if you want to put together a high-speed Pentium 4, and driving up the costs if OEM's want to use this same chip.
Upcoming DDR support
Very expensive for a CPU
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 3 [Features]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 4 [The Gallery]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 8 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't have server browsers on PC
- We are looking for a professional YouTuber for video content
- Digitize Photos, Important Files, and More in 8 Seconds
- We are looking for a US-based news reporter, join our awesome team!
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015