At the end of the day, the Intel Pentium 4 with a 533MHz FSB is a full-on jump in the right direction for Intel. This new advancement allows for the current Pentium 4 line to gain extra ground over existing P4's, upcoming P4 Celeron's and the Athlon XP, which is still stuck on a 2.1GB/s bandwidth.
The overall increase of the system bandwidth allows for faster memory (especially with DDR-400 and above being released). Intel has moved towards a light they never seem to have seen before. Intel has stated that the i850E is only a temporary solution to the Pentium 4 533FSB CPU. Intel has made its move away from RDRAM and this has proven to be a big seller now, especially in the OEM market. With DDR-SDRAM and i845D going into Compaq, IBM and HP computers, it's good to see this standard take off.
On the negative side of things, we only found one flaw; Price. Pentium 4 2.4GHz CPU's are retailing at over $1200 AUD, resulting in a massive cost if you want to put together a high-speed Pentium 4, and driving up the costs if OEM's want to use this same chip.
Upcoming DDR support
Very expensive for a CPU
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 3 [Features]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 4 [The Gallery]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 8 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN modders have created some truly beautiful custom PCs
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream