Real World D3D Benchmarks
Max Payne is a new generation DirectX 7/8 game. This game is based on Hardware T&L advancements as well as many other features of the Intel Pentium 4 and Athlon XP
Again, due to higher memory bandwidths, the P4 533 wins this round.
Aquanox is the latest installment of our benchmark software. This game is based heavily on DirectX 8 and 8.1 advancements and is designed to stress video cards to their ultimate limit. In all, the best D3D benchmark to date.
Here we see the P4 @ 533FSB just barely ahead of the P4 @ 400FSB. This is due to a video card bottleneck and we hope to have this fixed up soon, but you can still see the P4 puts on a good show even if the video card is stopping things up.
Star Trek Armada
Star Trek Armada is a real world direct 3D benchmark based on DirectX 7 enhancements. Star Trek Armada uses swap files for storage of large graphics and maps during its benchmarking and makes it a great IDE test tool rather than memory. We use command tl_set_memuse=10 to allow the system 10% memory and 90% IDE.
Here we get a bit of an advantage but not a huge amount. This is due to us limiting the amount of memory the game uses.
Star Trek Armada II
A better score since the system has full use of the memory. Unfortunately, due to RDRAM's high latency, the memory is causing some lag problems during the game. Activision says they have a patch coming for this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 3 [Features]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 4 [The Gallery]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 8 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- Nintendo Switch gets a much-needed splash of color
- Skyrim Remaster mods limited to 1GB on PS4
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now