We overclocked the card using one of the most popular video card overclocking utilities, PowerStrip. We were able to get the card to run stable at a core/memory clock speed of 303MHz/680MHz using the default cooling that comes stock with the card. This is a very impressive overclock and considering the fact that the Ti4600 runs at 300MHz/650MHz it would be a much wiser decision to purchase a Ti4400 and overclock it to Ti4600 speeds rather than purchasing the more expensive Ti4600 which is already running close to its limit.
Overall, I was very impressed with the MSI GF4Ti4400-VTD. It features the most elaborate software bundle I have ever seen included with a video card, provides high performance and is feature packed. The DVI and TV outputs were a nice addition for those that like to run dual monitors, an LCD monitor or just display their desktop onto their television. The Video-In and Video-Out (VIVO) functions are also great for the high-end gamer that also likes to do some video editing.
The card proved to be a great overclocker, being able to run past Ti4600 speeds with no signs of artifacts or instability. At a price of around US$300, the card is quite expensive and might be out of reach for some of you. However, if you want a feature packed, high performing video card and can't afford a Ti4600, I highly recommend you check out the MSI G4Ti4400-VTD.
Excellent software bundle
TV and DVI outputs
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives