We overclocked the card using one of the most popular video card overclocking utilities, PowerStrip. We were able to get the card to run stable at a core/memory clock speed of 303MHz/680MHz using the default cooling that comes stock with the card. This is a very impressive overclock and considering the fact that the Ti4600 runs at 300MHz/650MHz it would be a much wiser decision to purchase a Ti4400 and overclock it to Ti4600 speeds rather than purchasing the more expensive Ti4600 which is already running close to its limit.
Overall, I was very impressed with the MSI GF4Ti4400-VTD. It features the most elaborate software bundle I have ever seen included with a video card, provides high performance and is feature packed. The DVI and TV outputs were a nice addition for those that like to run dual monitors, an LCD monitor or just display their desktop onto their television. The Video-In and Video-Out (VIVO) functions are also great for the high-end gamer that also likes to do some video editing.
The card proved to be a great overclocker, being able to run past Ti4600 speeds with no signs of artifacts or instability. At a price of around US$300, the card is quite expensive and might be out of reach for some of you. However, if you want a feature packed, high performing video card and can't afford a Ti4600, I highly recommend you check out the MSI G4Ti4400-VTD.
Excellent software bundle
TV and DVI outputs
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now