- The Card
The first thing I thought I would mention is that, like all GeForce4 cards currently on the market, the MSI Ti4400 is based around nVidia's reference design. The only difference between the MSI card and the reference design is that it features a slightly different cooling solution. The heatsink/fan unit is quite large and features an assortment of fins to increase the surface area, which as some of you may know also increases cooling performance.
The MSI GF4Ti4400-VTD runs at a core clock speed of 275MHz, which can be compared to the 300MHz clock speed of its bigger brother, the Ti4600. It also features 128MB of Samsung DDR SDRAM that runs at 550MHz and is rated at 3.6ns. The card does not feature memory heatsinks, however. This is because it uses MicroBGA chips that do not produce enough heat to justify including them. The memory chips are in an 8x32MB configuration, with four chips placed on the back of the card and four placed on the front.
Along with the standard VGA output, the card also features a DVI output and a TV output. The DVI output and VGA output allow for two displays to be run simultaneously, thanks to nVidia's nView technology. We were not provided with a DVI-to-VGA adapter to allow you to run two VGA monitors at the same time, however, it is my understanding that one will be provided with the retail package.
The TV output is provided through a Philips 7108 chip, which is regarded by many as one of the highest quality TV out chips available. Along with TV out support, the Phillips chip also provides Video-In and Video-Out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015