One of the fun things about being able to test out new products is discovering the little goodies that are added in by the different manufacturers. In this case, it's not just a front mounted pair of USB ports, but the addition of a Firewire port as well. Let's see...
Most of us will recognize this front bezel pattern. I've seen it on many cases by a few different manufacturers, so it is recognizable. But hidden away under the little trap door is a trio of ports that are convenient to say the least.
On the left, you'll see a standard pair of USB ports. They are wired to the spare USB headers that are present on a vast majority of today's motherboards. But to the right is something that we don't see too often; an IEEE1394 Firewire port. For those who are heavily into video editing, Firewire has proven to be about the best possible connection that you could ever ask for. Though it isn't as widespread as USB at this time, that may very well change in the near future. With this in mind, Antec has met the challenge and given us the ability to handle whatever the future throws at us. Very nicely done!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 3 [Twins?]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 4 [Drive Bays]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 5 [Cooling]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 6 [USB/Firewire]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- The Nokia 3310 finally goes on sale
- MSI confirms GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z for Computex 2017
- Intel Core i9-7900X benchmarked: 10C/20T @ 4.3GHz
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer keeps improving
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017