It seems that everyone wants better cooling. Even if you get a top of the line heatsink for your sparkling new processor, this just isn't enough anymore. Case cooling is a vital part to your system building, and Antec has answered this call. Let's take a glance at what you get with this case (without having to drill or cut)...
We looked earlier at the 80mm fan mount that handles the cooling chores of the hard drives. This mount is just beneath it, and is right where it should be. It has been shown time and again that the best airflow enters at the lower front portion of the case and exits at the upper rear of the case. This fan mount on the front sits at only about two inches above the ground. This gives the case plenty of cool air to work with.
These two fans sit directly under the PSU at the rear of the unit. They will do a fine job of removing the heated air from the inside of your case and keep a good circulation of cool airflow pumping throughout the system. Though the case comes with these two fans standard, I still prefer to use something with a little more power, but that comes down to personal preference.
Here is something that you don't see very often on a production enclosure; a blowhole on the side panel. This is yet another 80mm fan that has been added to the case design to help you keep everything inside as cool as possible. The placement of the fan will have it sitting right over your PCI slots of the motherboard. This will help you make sure that no hot spots appear around the lower PCI slots.
One small problem I found here was that there was no filter for this fan. All intake fans should be filtered to help keep dust to an absolute minimum. And since the fan is mounted directly to the panel (without the plastic mounts that appear on the other fans), installing a filter will be a bit difficult. About the best you'll be able to do here is to get some foam filter material and place it between the fan and the side panel.
Did I Say Filters?
Since we're on the topic of clean airflow, let's take a look at a very nice surprise that this case offers us. As I said above, all intake fans should be filtered. Since dust can be so detrimental to our system, the goal of keeping it on the outside of the system should be a high priority. Well here is a way to help in doing just that:
Doesn't look like much, does it? But let's take a little closer look, shall we?
Hmmm... What exactly do we have here?
How many times have you added filters to your fans and then thought of how much a pain it will be to remove them for cleaning? I know that I usually dread having to remove the front bezel and take them off. The grime and dirt is bad enough, but the bezel is just not a very cooperative piece of equipment. Well this has been taken care of by means of this little removable filter system. It slides easily up into the bottom of the front bezel and then clicks into place. To remove it for cleaning, just tip the case over on its side, remove the filter, blow it out, and replace. You are now finished. Here's what it looks like up close.
As you can see, the holes are large enough to keep airflow at it's maximum, but small enough to greatly limit the amount of dirt and dust that tries to get into your system. This is one of the best additions to the case in my opinion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 3 [Twins?]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 4 [Drive Bays]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 5 [Cooling]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 6 [USB/Firewire]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PC gaming continues to make more money than consoles
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- NVIDIA's next-gen video cards will be available at retail in June
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer details augmentations, and more
- Apple Music update brings videos, family plan to Android
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched