As stated on the Spec page, this beast has drive bays to spare. A total of 10 drive bays greet you when you begin the task of installing your system. As shown above, six of these bays are externally accessible. This gives you an awful lot of room for your imagination to run wild, so go for the gusto!
5.25" Drive Bays
Whether you love them or hate them, the Plus1080 case uses a rail system for the installation of 5.25" drives. I have learned to enjoy this because it's only one time that you have to mess around with putting the screws into the optical device. After that, it's a simple matter to squeeze inward on the two tabs and remove the drive. Another advantage is that you don't have to remove the far side panel to install a drive (or remove it). I can't even begin to say how many times I have dropped the screws of the drive down that far panel. And unless you have a magnetic wand handy, it can be a royal pain to retrieve them. Below are a couple of pictures that show how the rail system works...
3.5" Drive Bays
Next up on our tour of this case is that little area that will be used to hold our hard drives. The 3.5" dive bays are very easy to work with since they can be completely removed from the case. The lever that sticks out to the side just needs to be moved toward the rear of the case and the entire 3-unit drive bay slips right out. If you've never had the luxury of being able to sit the housing on the table in front of you while you install your drives, then you don't know what you're missing. Sometimes it is the little things that make a difference.
Another nice addition to the bottom drive bay is the added mount for an 80mm fan. With all the bad press that IBM has been getting recently, it seems that a lot of the problems that folks are having with these drives are cooling related. This little gem will not only keep your hard drive(s) cool, but will also help extend their life.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 3 [Twins?]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 4 [Drive Bays]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 5 [Cooling]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 6 [USB/Firewire]
- Antec Plus1080 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance