Overall, I was very pleased with the Alpha PAL8942. It performed quite admirably and was a significant improvement over the stock Intel cooler. That said, this performance certainly does come at a cost. The fan supplied with the cooler was very loud and you should really hear it for yourself before purchasing the unit with such a large fan. Most resellers give you a wide variety of fans to choose from, however, the smaller, quieter fans will obviously give you slightly less performance.
At a price of US$39.95, the Alpha PAL8942 is certainly one of the cheaper Socket478 coolers out there, with the reason for this being that it is made mostly out of aluminium. The bottom line is, if you're an overclocker and are looking for one of the best air-cooling solutions out there for your Pentium 4, you really can't go wrong with the Alpha PAL8942.
* High performance
* Relatively low cost
* Copper insert in base
* Fairly easy to install
* Installation requires you to remove the motherboard
* Fan is very loud
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- HD remastered 'X-Files' Bluray boxset announced
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent