- Test System
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2GHz
Motherboard: DFI NS70-EL
Memory: OCZ 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
Video Card: Prolink Pixelview GeForce3 XX-Player
Hard Disk: Quantum Fireball Plus LM 15GB 7200RPM
Case: Lian-Li PC65
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional
Software Used: Winbond Hardware Doctor
To measure temperatures I used Winbond's Hardware Doctor application that comes bundled with most Abit motherboards. I measured idle and full load temperatures, and SiSoft Sandra's burn-in feature was used to make sure the processor was running at full load. I then compared these results to my stock Intel heatsink/fan unit that comes with the Pentium 4 processor.
These results certainly prove that if you are an overclocker or just like to keep a cool system, you should always upgrade from the stock cooler that comes with your processor. The Alpha PAL8942 managed to significantly outperform the stock Intel cooler in both idle and load conditions. The largest performance increase, however, was seen under load where both units are really pushed to the limit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Interview with Boba Fett from ANHSE, an animation mastermind
- Michael Fassbender compares Assassin's Creed movie with The Matrix
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance