- Test System
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2GHz
Motherboard: DFI NS70-EL
Memory: OCZ 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
Video Card: Prolink Pixelview GeForce3 XX-Player
Hard Disk: Quantum Fireball Plus LM 15GB 7200RPM
Case: Lian-Li PC65
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional
Software Used: Winbond Hardware Doctor
To measure temperatures I used Winbond's Hardware Doctor application that comes bundled with most Abit motherboards. I measured idle and full load temperatures, and SiSoft Sandra's burn-in feature was used to make sure the processor was running at full load. I then compared these results to my stock Intel heatsink/fan unit that comes with the Pentium 4 processor.
These results certainly prove that if you are an overclocker or just like to keep a cool system, you should always upgrade from the stock cooler that comes with your processor. The Alpha PAL8942 managed to significantly outperform the stock Intel cooler in both idle and load conditions. The largest performance increase, however, was seen under load where both units are really pushed to the limit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Sony tells users not to upgrade to Windows 10
- Increase in card use ensures China's payment fraud rises
- Arrests conducted in Britain over malware-assisting website
- Multiple University staff injure themselves due to texting and walking
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED