The PAL8942 is mounted differently than most Socket478 heatsink/fan units, in the sense that it does not make use of the conventional mounting mechanism provided with most motherboards. Instead, it is screwed directly into the motherboard using the four mounting holes around the CPU socket. While this is a great method of ensuring that the heatsink is seated correctly and will not fall off, it may become a hassle for some of you because you have to remove your whole motherboard (or motherboard tray) to install/uninstall the unit.
The unit itself has to be manually assembled, however, this is not too difficult and shouldn't take any more than five minutes of your time. Firstly, you have to screw the provided standoffs into the four motherboard holes surrounding the CPU socket. Then you place four small springs into spaces in the heatsink and screw it (the heatsink) down onto the standoffs. After the heatsink is in place, the fan can be installed. All you need to do is place the fan shroud on top of the heatsink and then the fan itself goes on top of that. Then it's just a matter of screwing the fan into place, plugging it into your motherboard and you're ready to go.
This may be difficult to understand in text, however, Alpha supplies a small booklet with the cooler that explains to you, with pictures, exactly how to install the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni