Taking A Closer Look
- The Heatsink
The PAL8942 has dimensions of 80mm x 90mm x 42mm, which is much larger than what we are used to. The reason for this being that it has to be mounted using holes in the motherboard which are placed quite far away from the CPU socket.
The heatsink was manufactured using Alpha's famous "forging" technique. Its base features a copper inlay, which greatly increases performance due to the fact that copper is a better conductor than aluminum. You may be thinking "why isn't the whole heatsink made out of copper then?". The reason for this is because copper is also a lot more expensive than aluminium, and much harder to machine. Sticking out from the base is a plethora of pins. The reason why it was manufactured this way, instead of being one large block of aluminum, is because the more pins, the greater the surface area, and if you increase the surface area, it will result in increased performance.
Alpha have anodized the PAL8942 black. Most of Alpha's heatsinks feature this black coloring and it is important to note that the only difference between an anodized and a non-anodized heatsink is its looks. Anodizing a heatsink won't increase or decrease performance whatsoever.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future unveils its first electric car next month
- Nintendo Switch switches to full 1080p while docked
- Lexus covered its car in 41,999 programmable LED lights
- Nintendo Switch to have Gamecube Virtual Console games
- Sony's new add-on merges trading cards with mobile games
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel
- Western Digital introduces new 12TB and 14TB enterprise-class HDDs and SSDs