Taking A Closer Look
- The Heatsink
The PAL8942 has dimensions of 80mm x 90mm x 42mm, which is much larger than what we are used to. The reason for this being that it has to be mounted using holes in the motherboard which are placed quite far away from the CPU socket.
The heatsink was manufactured using Alpha's famous "forging" technique. Its base features a copper inlay, which greatly increases performance due to the fact that copper is a better conductor than aluminum. You may be thinking "why isn't the whole heatsink made out of copper then?". The reason for this is because copper is also a lot more expensive than aluminium, and much harder to machine. Sticking out from the base is a plethora of pins. The reason why it was manufactured this way, instead of being one large block of aluminum, is because the more pins, the greater the surface area, and if you increase the surface area, it will result in increased performance.
Alpha have anodized the PAL8942 black. Most of Alpha's heatsinks feature this black coloring and it is important to note that the only difference between an anodized and a non-anodized heatsink is its looks. Anodizing a heatsink won't increase or decrease performance whatsoever.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' gets officially titled
- Nintendo Switch replaces Wii U on Nintendo homesite
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited
- LYRobotix set to release a VR Motion tracking system for mobile gaming
- I Am Setsuna coming to Nintendo Switch on March 3
- 2016 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 voting event starts
- Garmin announces the Approach G30, adds a small but powerful handheld to its golf GPS offerings