In all, the Gigabyte GA-8SIML is a reasonably good performer for the value P4 market, though really how can you have a value P4 market with the CPU costing the most out of the entire system. Looking at setting up a P4 system with 256MB RAM, 40GB HDD, P4 1.8AGHz you are looking at around retail (AUD) $190 for a Seagate Barracuda 40GB HDD, $200 for the board, $150 for 256MB DDR SDRAM and a whopping $460 for the CPU. That's a bit steep. With rumors of the P4 Celeron (cheaper version of the P4), this board could be an alternative providing the P4 Celeron is 478-pin.
Moderately priced for budget board
Lack of AGP or DIMM voltage adjustments
Very little overclocking with available options
Some compatibility problems with external PCI cards on PCI #3
Rating - 7/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Five budget laptops under $300 deals for Christmas
- PlayStation 4 breaks 50 million sales milestone
- Western Digital reveals new 12TB Helium He12 hard drives
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- Final Fantasy XV to get free major content updates
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel