Taking A Closer Look
- Packaging and Software Bundle
Abit have introduced a new packaging for their MAX series of motherboards, beginning with the AT7. I think you'll agree that this new packaging is very stylish and serves its purpose well. I'm not sure about the usefulness of the plastic handle, however, it could come in handy whilst transporting the board from the computer store to your home.
Inside the box is a detailed User's Manual, a driver CD, a driver diskette for the RAID controller, a backplate that enables the extra USB ports, IDE and Floppy cables, and some cable ties. The IDE and Floppy cables feature Abit's unique black and blue style, which is a nice change from the usual grey cables that come bundled with most motherboards. The cable ties are also a very handy addition because it enables you to clean up the wiring inside your case for increased airflow.
On the driver CD, aside from drivers, is a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, Norton Anti-Virus 2002 and Hardware Monitor. Abit are not known for bundling a plethora of free software with their motherboards, mainly because they are directed at enthusiasts who would probably already own most of the software that could be included. This also helps to lower the price of the board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit AT7 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit AT7 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit AT7 - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit AT7 - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit AT7 - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit AT7 - Page 6 [Benchmarking]
- Abit AT7 - Page 7 [Benchmarking Cont.]
- Abit AT7 - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit AT7 - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD