The motherboard industry is all about innovation. Due to the fact that most boards that are based on the same chipset perform virtually identically, it is up to the manufacturer to include something that makes their board stand out from the rest. This can come in the form of a large software bundle, low price or even a coloured PCB. These things, however, are sometimes not good enough and true innovation is needed to grab a decent chunk of the market share.
Abit's recent announcement of their MAX series of motherboards has stirred up much discussion amongst hardware enthusiasts. The main reason for this is that it is virtually legacy free, which means there are no PS2 ports, no serial parts and no parallel ports. Abit are hoping to lead the motherboard industry into the future by removing these ageing ports, and instead have added many new features such as firewire, USB 2.0, 6 channel sound and a 10/100 LAN controller.
The first motherboard Abit has introduced in the MAX series is the AT7, which is based on the KT333 chipset for the SocketA platform. Can Abit live up to the hype that has surrounded this board? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit AT7 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit AT7 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit AT7 - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit AT7 - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit AT7 - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit AT7 - Page 6 [Benchmarking]
- Abit AT7 - Page 7 [Benchmarking Cont.]
- Abit AT7 - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit AT7 - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- 'Indiana Jones 5' loses co-creator George Lucas
- Unlock Android N's full potential with this top course
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards