The motherboard industry is all about innovation. Due to the fact that most boards that are based on the same chipset perform virtually identically, it is up to the manufacturer to include something that makes their board stand out from the rest. This can come in the form of a large software bundle, low price or even a coloured PCB. These things, however, are sometimes not good enough and true innovation is needed to grab a decent chunk of the market share.
Abit's recent announcement of their MAX series of motherboards has stirred up much discussion amongst hardware enthusiasts. The main reason for this is that it is virtually legacy free, which means there are no PS2 ports, no serial parts and no parallel ports. Abit are hoping to lead the motherboard industry into the future by removing these ageing ports, and instead have added many new features such as firewire, USB 2.0, 6 channel sound and a 10/100 LAN controller.
The first motherboard Abit has introduced in the MAX series is the AT7, which is based on the KT333 chipset for the SocketA platform. Can Abit live up to the hype that has surrounded this board? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit AT7 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit AT7 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit AT7 - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit AT7 - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit AT7 - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit AT7 - Page 6 [Benchmarking]
- Abit AT7 - Page 7 [Benchmarking Cont.]
- Abit AT7 - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit AT7 - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog