When all is said and done, we have exactly what the manufacturers claim. We have a device that can keep your hard drive running cooler, and we have a device that can reliably monitor system temperatures in two different locations. Take into consideration that all of this is accomplished from a single 5.25" drive bay, and we have something special here.
While the fan could have been a bit more powerful, Thermaltake chose to keep their product on the quiet side. It is doubtful that you will even hear this fan running, and this is with it sitting right up front with no buffers to keep it quiet. The results will still manage to prolong the life of your hard drive, and the pair of thermal probes on the front of the case are very convenient.
From a value standpoint, let's consider the fact that I managed to find one of these units for sale online for US$37. A pair of thermal probes by themselves would cost you at least $25-30, so you're not going to be paying through the nose for something just because it is a new concept.
Bottom line... If you have recently bought a newer hard drive and don't have any cooling in place, then you should consider this kit for that reason alone. Add to this the two thermal probes that can be attached to anything in the case, and you have a very nice piece of equipment.
Two thermal probes
Front mounted displays
Manual is lacking
Probes cannot be turned off
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Huawei and Leica establish new R&D center for VR and AR
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now