When all is said and done, we have exactly what the manufacturers claim. We have a device that can keep your hard drive running cooler, and we have a device that can reliably monitor system temperatures in two different locations. Take into consideration that all of this is accomplished from a single 5.25" drive bay, and we have something special here.
While the fan could have been a bit more powerful, Thermaltake chose to keep their product on the quiet side. It is doubtful that you will even hear this fan running, and this is with it sitting right up front with no buffers to keep it quiet. The results will still manage to prolong the life of your hard drive, and the pair of thermal probes on the front of the case are very convenient.
From a value standpoint, let's consider the fact that I managed to find one of these units for sale online for US$37. A pair of thermal probes by themselves would cost you at least $25-30, so you're not going to be paying through the nose for something just because it is a new concept.
Bottom line... If you have recently bought a newer hard drive and don't have any cooling in place, then you should consider this kit for that reason alone. Add to this the two thermal probes that can be attached to anything in the case, and you have a very nice piece of equipment.
Two thermal probes
Front mounted displays
Manual is lacking
Probes cannot be turned off
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Corsair announces new Bulldog that will ship in time for Christmas
- FBI demanded Scandinavian countries extradite Snowden if he visited
- Matt Damon: Latest 'Bourne' movie inspired by Edward Snowden saga
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- ASUS gaming PC
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20