To test the cooling prowess of this device, I decided to use one of the included thermal probes. To make sure that they were accurate, I sat the probes side by side with one that I use regularly, and let them measure the ambient temperature. The probes included with the HardCano proved to be within one tenth of a degree (Celsius) with my probe so should give us some reliable results.
The test system consists of:
Antec SX1030 case with 170-CFM total airflow
EPoX 8KHA+ Motherboard
Athlon XP 1800+ processor
512MB PC2100 DDR
Seagate Barracuda IV 40GB hard drive
Testing was a very simple process; I ran the File System benchmark from the SiSoft Sandra utility. What better way to get a hard drive's heart rate up than an all-out 4-5 minute thrashing of a hard drive testing utility? Here's what we ended up with:
Temperature with no Active Cooling
Temperature with HardCano II Running
Our end result comes up at about 2C cooler running temperatures with the fan in place and running normally. While this may not seem like a huge margin, you can rest assured that over time, your hard drive will feel the difference. After all, cooler is always better.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes