To test the cooling prowess of this device, I decided to use one of the included thermal probes. To make sure that they were accurate, I sat the probes side by side with one that I use regularly, and let them measure the ambient temperature. The probes included with the HardCano proved to be within one tenth of a degree (Celsius) with my probe so should give us some reliable results.
The test system consists of:
Antec SX1030 case with 170-CFM total airflow
EPoX 8KHA+ Motherboard
Athlon XP 1800+ processor
512MB PC2100 DDR
Seagate Barracuda IV 40GB hard drive
Testing was a very simple process; I ran the File System benchmark from the SiSoft Sandra utility. What better way to get a hard drive's heart rate up than an all-out 4-5 minute thrashing of a hard drive testing utility? Here's what we ended up with:
Temperature with no Active Cooling
Temperature with HardCano II Running
Our end result comes up at about 2C cooler running temperatures with the fan in place and running normally. While this may not seem like a huge margin, you can rest assured that over time, your hard drive will feel the difference. After all, cooler is always better.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now