To test the cooling prowess of this device, I decided to use one of the included thermal probes. To make sure that they were accurate, I sat the probes side by side with one that I use regularly, and let them measure the ambient temperature. The probes included with the HardCano proved to be within one tenth of a degree (Celsius) with my probe so should give us some reliable results.
The test system consists of:
Antec SX1030 case with 170-CFM total airflow
EPoX 8KHA+ Motherboard
Athlon XP 1800+ processor
512MB PC2100 DDR
Seagate Barracuda IV 40GB hard drive
Testing was a very simple process; I ran the File System benchmark from the SiSoft Sandra utility. What better way to get a hard drive's heart rate up than an all-out 4-5 minute thrashing of a hard drive testing utility? Here's what we ended up with:
Temperature with no Active Cooling
Temperature with HardCano II Running
Our end result comes up at about 2C cooler running temperatures with the fan in place and running normally. While this may not seem like a huge margin, you can rest assured that over time, your hard drive will feel the difference. After all, cooler is always better.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Usernames, media won't count toward Twitter character limit soon
- Wooting one analog mechanical keyboard hits Kickstarter
- Next-gen 4K-ready Xbox coming in 2017, could sport external GPU
- Microsoft to unveil a Shield TV-like Xbox set-top box at E3
- New Xbox One hardware will play 4K video, not 4K games
- Corsair LAPDOG Gaming Control Center Review
- Fitbit Alta Fitness Wristband Review
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition