To test the cooling prowess of this device, I decided to use one of the included thermal probes. To make sure that they were accurate, I sat the probes side by side with one that I use regularly, and let them measure the ambient temperature. The probes included with the HardCano proved to be within one tenth of a degree (Celsius) with my probe so should give us some reliable results.
The test system consists of:
Antec SX1030 case with 170-CFM total airflow
EPoX 8KHA+ Motherboard
Athlon XP 1800+ processor
512MB PC2100 DDR
Seagate Barracuda IV 40GB hard drive
Testing was a very simple process; I ran the File System benchmark from the SiSoft Sandra utility. What better way to get a hard drive's heart rate up than an all-out 4-5 minute thrashing of a hard drive testing utility? Here's what we ended up with:
Temperature with no Active Cooling
Temperature with HardCano II Running
Our end result comes up at about 2C cooler running temperatures with the fan in place and running normally. While this may not seem like a huge margin, you can rest assured that over time, your hard drive will feel the difference. After all, cooler is always better.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Nintendo admits it has to communicate better with the NX
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- Steam allows No Man's Sky refunds regardless of playtime
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller