To test the cooling prowess of this device, I decided to use one of the included thermal probes. To make sure that they were accurate, I sat the probes side by side with one that I use regularly, and let them measure the ambient temperature. The probes included with the HardCano proved to be within one tenth of a degree (Celsius) with my probe so should give us some reliable results.
The test system consists of:
Antec SX1030 case with 170-CFM total airflow
EPoX 8KHA+ Motherboard
Athlon XP 1800+ processor
512MB PC2100 DDR
Seagate Barracuda IV 40GB hard drive
Testing was a very simple process; I ran the File System benchmark from the SiSoft Sandra utility. What better way to get a hard drive's heart rate up than an all-out 4-5 minute thrashing of a hard drive testing utility? Here's what we ended up with:
Temperature with no Active Cooling
Temperature with HardCano II Running
Our end result comes up at about 2C cooler running temperatures with the fan in place and running normally. While this may not seem like a huge margin, you can rest assured that over time, your hard drive will feel the difference. After all, cooler is always better.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple to make the iPhone 8 thinner by using an AMOLED display
- AMD's Radeon RX 480 drawing too much power over the PCIe slot
- Diablo 4 is almost assuredly in the works
- Google's US-Japan 'FASTER Cable System' online, with 60Tbps bandwidth
- GeForce Experience beta features new interface, ShadowPlay upgrades
- asrock pro3 issues
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card