Some Assembly Required
Though the HardCano unit doesn't come fully assembled, it's a very simple matter to fix that. One small bad point here is the included instructions. There are no real written instructions, and the pictures are rather fuzzy. This made for some interesting trial and error on my part, but there shouldn't have been. The installation was too simple for my little brain to grasp, so I had all kinds of strange setups going with this kit. But to show you how easy it is to put this device together, just take a look at this...
Put the rail on the outside of the aluminum housing and insert one screw per side. That's it. I kept trying to use the two holes shown at left, but they are for the use of a rail system for cases (like mine) that use this type of installation method for optical drives. It seems that I forgot the oldest of adages; KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).
From here, the addition of the hard drive was a simple matter of adding four screws. You'll notice that the drive itself sits squarely behind the fan so it can get the full benefit of the airflow. Next up is installing the rail system. If your case doesn't use rails, then you can ignore this next step.
Now that the rails are on this little gem, we can mount it into our case. Of course, if you don't have a rail system, then you've already done that.
Well, we've nearly finished the installation. All that remains is to attach the thermal probes to whatever you desire and hook up the power to the fan. That is all there is to the installation. Pretty simple process if you ask me.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARK cross-platform play on PS4 and PC BLOCKED by Sony
- Microsoft builds its own AI hardware: Project Brainwave
- HP Omen X gaming notebook: GTX 1080, 120Hz LCD, more
- Final Fantasy XV doesn't need 170GB HDD space on PC
- Bungie couldn't get Destiny 2 to hit 60FPS on consoles
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience