With every generation of ASUS board, they improve themselves. This is where we really see this statement in effect. ASUS have added just about ever feature under the sun; USB 2.0, RAID, Firewire, Hardware audio, overclocking options that matter and even Flash memory reader/writer chips. Add to this it's performance in the benchmarks, its diagnostic systems, its ability to go beyond what it was originally designed to do, and you have an extreme board that is worthy of the ASUS name.
We did find one problem with this board. Using the drivers supplied to us on the ASUS CD, if we plugged in the Audigy and used the onboard Firewire at the same time, the two devices would kill out in Windows XP if you tried to transfer data across either of the Firewire buses. The latest drivers from Texas Inst. fixed this up, so there is no worries on that front.
Uses CD revision chipset limiting overclocking
Needs new BIOS for memory optimization.
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Nintendo Switch battery lasts 5 hours at max brightness
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity