With every generation of ASUS board, they improve themselves. This is where we really see this statement in effect. ASUS have added just about ever feature under the sun; USB 2.0, RAID, Firewire, Hardware audio, overclocking options that matter and even Flash memory reader/writer chips. Add to this it's performance in the benchmarks, its diagnostic systems, its ability to go beyond what it was originally designed to do, and you have an extreme board that is worthy of the ASUS name.
We did find one problem with this board. Using the drivers supplied to us on the ASUS CD, if we plugged in the Audigy and used the onboard Firewire at the same time, the two devices would kill out in Windows XP if you tried to transfer data across either of the Firewire buses. The latest drivers from Texas Inst. fixed this up, so there is no worries on that front.
Uses CD revision chipset limiting overclocking
Needs new BIOS for memory optimization.
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch not backward compatible with Wii U games
- Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine one last time in 'Logan'
- Ubisoft teases 'game changing' patch for The Division
- AMD's new RSCE 16.10.2 drivers ready for Battlefield 1
- AMD to launch cut-down RX 470, competes with GTX 1050 Ti
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package