With every generation of ASUS board, they improve themselves. This is where we really see this statement in effect. ASUS have added just about ever feature under the sun; USB 2.0, RAID, Firewire, Hardware audio, overclocking options that matter and even Flash memory reader/writer chips. Add to this it's performance in the benchmarks, its diagnostic systems, its ability to go beyond what it was originally designed to do, and you have an extreme board that is worthy of the ASUS name.
We did find one problem with this board. Using the drivers supplied to us on the ASUS CD, if we plugged in the Audigy and used the onboard Firewire at the same time, the two devices would kill out in Windows XP if you tried to transfer data across either of the Firewire buses. The latest drivers from Texas Inst. fixed this up, so there is no worries on that front.
Uses CD revision chipset limiting overclocking
Needs new BIOS for memory optimization.
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club