ASUS' line of motherboard is one of the largest growing lists that I have ever seen. If there is a new chipset of value, ASUS has a board for it, especially in the AMD sector. Their support for AMD has been unwavering. Even with the Intel vs. AMD wars back in the initial release days of the old Slot A Athlon and AMD 750 chipset, ASUS has not backed down to anyone, and it is not looking like they will in the near future.
ASUS' motherboard for AMD started in 1999 with their release of the Slot A 750 chipset based K7M. Regarded as the biggest overclocking board based on 750 chipsets, this pushed ASUS to the top of the AMD must have list, and since that time has not changed in our opinions. With Socket based Athlons and new chipsets, ASUS had their boards out to the public and were the first to include onboard multiplier unlocking and overclocking. This made them an ultimate overclockers board. KT133A and KT266 saw ASUS with more boards and more overclocking, KT266A saw yet another line of boards and more features added as the hardware community demanded more for the dollar. Now with DDR-333 standards hitting our shores, VIA releasing the KT333 for Athlon CPU's supporting DDR-333 memory, ASUS are at it once again.
Thanks to Achieva in Sydney, Australia, we have in our lab the ASUS A7V333 motherboard for a quick test drive. Let's see what ASUS has for us this time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20