ASUS' line of motherboard is one of the largest growing lists that I have ever seen. If there is a new chipset of value, ASUS has a board for it, especially in the AMD sector. Their support for AMD has been unwavering. Even with the Intel vs. AMD wars back in the initial release days of the old Slot A Athlon and AMD 750 chipset, ASUS has not backed down to anyone, and it is not looking like they will in the near future.
ASUS' motherboard for AMD started in 1999 with their release of the Slot A 750 chipset based K7M. Regarded as the biggest overclocking board based on 750 chipsets, this pushed ASUS to the top of the AMD must have list, and since that time has not changed in our opinions. With Socket based Athlons and new chipsets, ASUS had their boards out to the public and were the first to include onboard multiplier unlocking and overclocking. This made them an ultimate overclockers board. KT133A and KT266 saw ASUS with more boards and more overclocking, KT266A saw yet another line of boards and more features added as the hardware community demanded more for the dollar. Now with DDR-333 standards hitting our shores, VIA releasing the KT333 for Athlon CPU's supporting DDR-333 memory, ASUS are at it once again.
Thanks to Achieva in Sydney, Australia, we have in our lab the ASUS A7V333 motherboard for a quick test drive. Let's see what ASUS has for us this time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- Some Recommendations If You Intend To Deliver Money To India Or Oriental Co
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow