Performance and feature-wise, the Abit NV7-133R is a very decent board. Its plethora of integrated features such as 6 channel Dolby 5.1 sound, 10/100 NIC and USB 2.0 make it ideal for those looking at building a low cost Athlon/Duron based system. With performance that is on par with the Abit KR7A-RAID (KT266A), it is also one of the highest performing boards for the Athlon platform.
That said, I had a few major complaints about this board. Firstly, the placement of the ATX power connector forces cabling over your heatsink/fan unit, which could restrict airflow and thus, hinder overclocking. The NV7-133R also lacked many overclocking features that have become a standard on most newer motherboards, especially ones from Abit.
The bottom line is, if you are looking for a high performing, feature rich motherboard, the Abit NV7-133R is a very capable board, however, if you are an enthusiast or overclocker, I suggest that you steer clear of the NV7-133R and purchase a KT266A motherboard such as the Abit KR7A.
6-channel Dolby 5.1 sound
Bad ATX power connector placement
Lack of standard overclocking options
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 7 [Benchmarks Cont.]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni