Performance and feature-wise, the Abit NV7-133R is a very decent board. Its plethora of integrated features such as 6 channel Dolby 5.1 sound, 10/100 NIC and USB 2.0 make it ideal for those looking at building a low cost Athlon/Duron based system. With performance that is on par with the Abit KR7A-RAID (KT266A), it is also one of the highest performing boards for the Athlon platform.
That said, I had a few major complaints about this board. Firstly, the placement of the ATX power connector forces cabling over your heatsink/fan unit, which could restrict airflow and thus, hinder overclocking. The NV7-133R also lacked many overclocking features that have become a standard on most newer motherboards, especially ones from Abit.
The bottom line is, if you are looking for a high performing, feature rich motherboard, the Abit NV7-133R is a very capable board, however, if you are an enthusiast or overclocker, I suggest that you steer clear of the NV7-133R and purchase a KT266A motherboard such as the Abit KR7A.
6-channel Dolby 5.1 sound
Bad ATX power connector placement
Lack of standard overclocking options
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 7 [Benchmarks Cont.]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 unveiled: Big screen, 5,300 mAh battery
- AMD trademarks Kyzen, Aragon, Promethean & CoreAmp
- Oukitel announces K10000 Pro with 10,000 mAh battery
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017