The NV7-133R features a slot layout of 5 PCI, 1 AGP and 3 DIMM. For most of you, the 5 PCI slots will be more than enough to house all of your devices, especially considering the fact that many of the PCI devices you would own are already integrated onto the motherboard. An important thing to note is that Abit has decided not to include any ISA, CNR or AMR slots on the NV7-133R. This was a smart decision in my opinion as not many people own hardware that require these slots anymore and they just take up space on the motherboard that can be used for other things.
Another thing to note is that there is plenty of room around the CPU socket for any exotic heatsinks you may have. There are also four holes placed around the socket that enables you to install heatsink/fan units that require mounting holes rather than the conventional mounting mechanism.
The ATX power connector is located behind the onboard sound ports. This is an awkward position because if not tied down, the power cables can run over the top of the heatsink/fan unit, restricting airflow and thus hindering overclocking. This factor is not usually overlooked by Abit and I am quite disappointed that they did not pick up on this error and fix it.
The NV7-133R also features a 3-phase power solution, as indicated by the MOSFETs in the below picture. This reduces heat generated by the voltage regulators for the CPU, because instead of using two voltage regulators (to convert the 5v to 1.7v) it uses 3 of them, allowing more wattage and amps to pass through without heating up the regulators, capacitors and mosfets. This is similar to that of the Pentium 4, so make sure that you have a Pentium 4 compliant PSU with an ATX12V connector if you decide to purchase this board.
The IDE and Floppy connectors were well placed so that the cables do not get in the way of the PCI slots or any other important areas of the motherboard. Apart from the bad placement of the ATX power connector, the layout of the NV7-133R was quite good.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 7 [Benchmarks Cont.]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017