When information leaked that nVidia was going to be producing a motherboard chipset for the Athlon platform, rumors regarding possible performance and specifications were rampant. The nForce was one of the most anticipated motherboard chipsets ever, and due to the hype that surrounded its release, many consumers were expecting to see mind blowing performance, unlike anything we have ever seen from an integrated chipset. While this is partly true, when nForce was finally released, many of us couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed. Although its performance was on par with VIA's KT266A chipset, all the hype that preceeded its release led people to believe that the nForce would perform much better than it did.
That said, the nForce chipset is a big step forward as far as technology is concerned, being the first chipset to support HyperTransport Technology and 128-bit DDR SDRAM. Also, the nForce's array of integrated components are of much higher quality than that of competing integrated chipsets, which is ideal for those that are looking at building a low-cost Athlon-based system.
Today we are taking a look at one of Abit's latest motherboards, based on the nForce 415 chipset; the NV7-133R. The nForce 415 is basically the same as the older 420D chipset, however, it does not include the integrated GeForce2 MX GPU.
Abit are known for releasing their motherboards a few months later than the other Taiwan-based manufacturers, such as MSI, EPoX, etc. The reason for this is that they like to thoroughly test and tweak their boards before releasing them to the public. This, in many cases, results in a much higher quality, and most importantly, stable motherboard. Can the same be said for the NV7-133R? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 7 [Benchmarks Cont.]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- Nintendo Switch may have extra power while docked
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system