When information leaked that nVidia was going to be producing a motherboard chipset for the Athlon platform, rumors regarding possible performance and specifications were rampant. The nForce was one of the most anticipated motherboard chipsets ever, and due to the hype that surrounded its release, many consumers were expecting to see mind blowing performance, unlike anything we have ever seen from an integrated chipset. While this is partly true, when nForce was finally released, many of us couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed. Although its performance was on par with VIA's KT266A chipset, all the hype that preceeded its release led people to believe that the nForce would perform much better than it did.
That said, the nForce chipset is a big step forward as far as technology is concerned, being the first chipset to support HyperTransport Technology and 128-bit DDR SDRAM. Also, the nForce's array of integrated components are of much higher quality than that of competing integrated chipsets, which is ideal for those that are looking at building a low-cost Athlon-based system.
Today we are taking a look at one of Abit's latest motherboards, based on the nForce 415 chipset; the NV7-133R. The nForce 415 is basically the same as the older 420D chipset, however, it does not include the integrated GeForce2 MX GPU.
Abit are known for releasing their motherboards a few months later than the other Taiwan-based manufacturers, such as MSI, EPoX, etc. The reason for this is that they like to thoroughly test and tweak their boards before releasing them to the public. This, in many cases, results in a much higher quality, and most importantly, stable motherboard. Can the same be said for the NV7-133R? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 7 [Benchmarks Cont.]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- BBC's Grand Theft Auto TV movie 'The Gamechangers' trailer arrives
- Amnesia creators show off the latest trailer to SOMA, arrives Sep 22
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- ASUS unveils a new super-powered gaming notebook that is watercooled
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015