The Radeon chip isn't really known for its overclocking, simply because its highly clocked itself. Despite this and with the extra cooling Gigabyte added, we were able to clock the core to 310MHz, a record for GPU clocking for us.
As for the memory, Hynix is known for its ability to push the limits and again this is no exception. Due to the extra cooling and lower latency, we got a memory speed of 310MHz (that's 620 DDR). Impressed? We were.
the ATi video cards have always copped a load of flack due to bad 2D quality when ATi sold their chips to integrators like ASUS and Gigabyte. This has somewhat changed with the introduction of internal filters and increased knowledge of the ATI specs. The latest ATi video cards from 3rd party companies have come out stronger then ever before.
Gigabyte have done a fantastic job with this card. Only due to ATi's OpenGL shortcoming did this card fall behind nVidia's Geforce3 Ti500 card. The ability to take out the Geforce 4 MX card makes this an ideal choice for an nVidia alternative.
Cheaper than nVidia
Lacks OpenGL performance
Drivers for ATi are a little outdated
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4