Gigabyte are more well known for their motherboards than anything else. It came as a surprise to me that they had their own line of video cards, network equipment, Broadband connections (DSL and cable modems) and yes, even high end storage solutions. This truly is a diversified company.
Gigabyte did start pretty late in the video card sector, some would say too late. Focusing on the TNT2 and above video cards was a hard task to sell considering most of us were too wrapped up with ASUS, Diamond and Hercules at this time. Gigabyte's nVidia line extended all the way to the Geforce 3. Not having much success selling nVidia cards, the company decided to scrap their nVidia line and go with one of the other two major 3D vendors, ATi or Kyro. After months of research and testing each of the two prospective company's offerings, Gigabyte settled on ATi for their 3D power. Since this decision Gigabyte have produced over seven separate cards based on different ATi chips and supporting many different features.
Today, thanks to Gigabyte themselves, we have in our hands the AP64D-H Radeon 8500 flagship 3D card from the Gigabyte labs. Let's take a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- No Man's Sky doesn't use patented Superformula, says dev
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard