Gigabyte are more well known for their motherboards than anything else. It came as a surprise to me that they had their own line of video cards, network equipment, Broadband connections (DSL and cable modems) and yes, even high end storage solutions. This truly is a diversified company.
Gigabyte did start pretty late in the video card sector, some would say too late. Focusing on the TNT2 and above video cards was a hard task to sell considering most of us were too wrapped up with ASUS, Diamond and Hercules at this time. Gigabyte's nVidia line extended all the way to the Geforce 3. Not having much success selling nVidia cards, the company decided to scrap their nVidia line and go with one of the other two major 3D vendors, ATi or Kyro. After months of research and testing each of the two prospective company's offerings, Gigabyte settled on ATi for their 3D power. Since this decision Gigabyte have produced over seven separate cards based on different ATi chips and supporting many different features.
Today, thanks to Gigabyte themselves, we have in our hands the AP64D-H Radeon 8500 flagship 3D card from the Gigabyte labs. Let's take a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives