Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2GHz (20x100)
Motherboard: DFI NS70-EL (SiS645DX)
Memory: Kingmax 256MB DDR333, Mushkin 256MB DDR266
Video Card: Prolink Pixelview GeForce3
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX
Hard Disk: Quantum Fireball Plus LM 15GB ATA100
Power Supply: AOpen 300watt
Heatsink/fan Unit: Stock Intel
Due to the fact that aluminium dissipates heat much better than steel, it is safe to say that an aluminium case will result in cooler temperatures than a regular steel case. To test this theory, I compared the Lian-Li PC30 to a AOpen HX45. Temperatures were taken whilst the system was under full load. Please keep in mind when viewing the results that the HX45 is a mid-tower case and the PC30 is a mini-tower case.
As you can see, the Lian-Li PC30 gave much lower temperatures than my steel AOpen HX45 case. The difference doesn't seem like much from the graphs, but to get that big a difference in temperatures just from changing the case is very good and definitely handy for overclockers.
There are no sharp corners inside the case, and for once I would have to say that I incurred no injuries whilst installing my system. No cuts, no scratches, nothing. All Lian-Li cases I have worked with have been well built and easy to work with, which is why I continue to use Lian-Li cases to house my main systems. As mentioned earlier, the thumbscrews and removable motherboard tray also play a large part in making installation as easy as possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- ASUS makes its PG279Q monitor official, QHD with 165Hz and G-Sync
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' season 2 trailer reveals Vader, new friends & foes
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent