In the past, Cyrix have made some blunders and a few successes. With the take over form VIA it looks as if the C3 CPU's have picked up a new racket and have come back into play. While these benchmark score don't seem all that impressive to us, we have to remember that this CPU is intended to replace the old K6-2 line of CPU and not to compete with AMD Duron or Intel Celeron. While VIA didn't want us to overclock the Samuel2 core, we did overclock the Samuel 1 core, the overclockability of even this old chip is quite remarkable, we managed to get our 650Mhz up to 800Mhz using the 133MHz FSB. We tested out VIA's claim that this CPU and run (unoverclocked) fanless, we placed a Global Win FOP-32 cooler with the fan disabled on the CPU and it to our delight, without a hitch - no lockups, BSOD's or GPE's. We attempted to run it fanless at overclocked speeds but anything over the default would instantly crash in Windows. With all this said and done the VIA C3 CPU did live up to what it claimed to do, stability has improved, performance has increased dramatically and overclockability has improved over the original Cyrix line, not that VIA would have to do much to make an improvement, after all, the old M2 processor wouldn't overclock at all. let's see some value 1Ghz VIA C3's, VIA
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99