In the past, Cyrix have made some blunders and a few successes. With the take over form VIA it looks as if the C3 CPU's have picked up a new racket and have come back into play. While these benchmark score don't seem all that impressive to us, we have to remember that this CPU is intended to replace the old K6-2 line of CPU and not to compete with AMD Duron or Intel Celeron. While VIA didn't want us to overclock the Samuel2 core, we did overclock the Samuel 1 core, the overclockability of even this old chip is quite remarkable, we managed to get our 650Mhz up to 800Mhz using the 133MHz FSB. We tested out VIA's claim that this CPU and run (unoverclocked) fanless, we placed a Global Win FOP-32 cooler with the fan disabled on the CPU and it to our delight, without a hitch - no lockups, BSOD's or GPE's. We attempted to run it fanless at overclocked speeds but anything over the default would instantly crash in Windows. With all this said and done the VIA C3 CPU did live up to what it claimed to do, stability has improved, performance has increased dramatically and overclockability has improved over the original Cyrix line, not that VIA would have to do much to make an improvement, after all, the old M2 processor wouldn't overclock at all. let's see some value 1Ghz VIA C3's, VIA
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4