To sum things up, I was very pleased with most aspects of the DFI NS70-EL motherboard. It provided excellent performance, great features (onboard LAN, ATA133, sound), and most importantly, was very stable. The only complaints I had about the board were the bad placement of the ATX power connectors, lack of USB 2.0 and lack of voltage adjustments in the BIOS. Even without voltage adjustments, the board managed to overclock very nicely and its support for a 533MHz FSB will provide a lot of overclocking headroom for those of you with northwood based Pentium 4 processors.
As you saw from the benchmark results, unlike the AMD Athlon, the Intel Pentium 4's 400MHz (100MHz quad-pumped) bus can definitely take advantage of the extra memory bandwidth DDR333 provides over DDR266. The NS70-EL, equipped with Kingmax DDR333 memory managed to outperform the DDR266 equipped Abit BD7-RAID in all benchmarks.
Overall, I have no trouble recommending the DFI NS70-EL motherboard to anyone looking at upgrading in the near future. At a price of just under US$70, it is also one of the cheapest motherboards on the market.
Extremely low price
Onboard 10/100 LAN
Great overclocking results
Bad ATX power connector placement
Lack of USB 2.0
Lack of voltage adjustments
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Avengers: Infinity War will be one movie, instead of a two-parter
- Samsung's Q2 2016 profits are the largest in over two years
- New details emerge on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, new Gear VR headset
- Quake is being remade in Unreal Engine 4, and it could be awesome
- Xiaomi is rumored to announce a VR headset on August 1
- Switchmate Bluetooth Smart Light Switch Review
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio