To sum things up, I was very pleased with most aspects of the DFI NS70-EL motherboard. It provided excellent performance, great features (onboard LAN, ATA133, sound), and most importantly, was very stable. The only complaints I had about the board were the bad placement of the ATX power connectors, lack of USB 2.0 and lack of voltage adjustments in the BIOS. Even without voltage adjustments, the board managed to overclock very nicely and its support for a 533MHz FSB will provide a lot of overclocking headroom for those of you with northwood based Pentium 4 processors.
As you saw from the benchmark results, unlike the AMD Athlon, the Intel Pentium 4's 400MHz (100MHz quad-pumped) bus can definitely take advantage of the extra memory bandwidth DDR333 provides over DDR266. The NS70-EL, equipped with Kingmax DDR333 memory managed to outperform the DDR266 equipped Abit BD7-RAID in all benchmarks.
Overall, I have no trouble recommending the DFI NS70-EL motherboard to anyone looking at upgrading in the near future. At a price of just under US$70, it is also one of the cheapest motherboards on the market.
Extremely low price
Onboard 10/100 LAN
Great overclocking results
Bad ATX power connector placement
Lack of USB 2.0
Lack of voltage adjustments
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now