To sum things up, I was very pleased with most aspects of the DFI NS70-EL motherboard. It provided excellent performance, great features (onboard LAN, ATA133, sound), and most importantly, was very stable. The only complaints I had about the board were the bad placement of the ATX power connectors, lack of USB 2.0 and lack of voltage adjustments in the BIOS. Even without voltage adjustments, the board managed to overclock very nicely and its support for a 533MHz FSB will provide a lot of overclocking headroom for those of you with northwood based Pentium 4 processors.
As you saw from the benchmark results, unlike the AMD Athlon, the Intel Pentium 4's 400MHz (100MHz quad-pumped) bus can definitely take advantage of the extra memory bandwidth DDR333 provides over DDR266. The NS70-EL, equipped with Kingmax DDR333 memory managed to outperform the DDR266 equipped Abit BD7-RAID in all benchmarks.
Overall, I have no trouble recommending the DFI NS70-EL motherboard to anyone looking at upgrading in the near future. At a price of just under US$70, it is also one of the cheapest motherboards on the market.
Extremely low price
Onboard 10/100 LAN
Great overclocking results
Bad ATX power connector placement
Lack of USB 2.0
Lack of voltage adjustments
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset