To sum things up, I was very pleased with most aspects of the DFI NS70-EL motherboard. It provided excellent performance, great features (onboard LAN, ATA133, sound), and most importantly, was very stable. The only complaints I had about the board were the bad placement of the ATX power connectors, lack of USB 2.0 and lack of voltage adjustments in the BIOS. Even without voltage adjustments, the board managed to overclock very nicely and its support for a 533MHz FSB will provide a lot of overclocking headroom for those of you with northwood based Pentium 4 processors.
As you saw from the benchmark results, unlike the AMD Athlon, the Intel Pentium 4's 400MHz (100MHz quad-pumped) bus can definitely take advantage of the extra memory bandwidth DDR333 provides over DDR266. The NS70-EL, equipped with Kingmax DDR333 memory managed to outperform the DDR266 equipped Abit BD7-RAID in all benchmarks.
Overall, I have no trouble recommending the DFI NS70-EL motherboard to anyone looking at upgrading in the near future. At a price of just under US$70, it is also one of the cheapest motherboards on the market.
Extremely low price
Onboard 10/100 LAN
Great overclocking results
Bad ATX power connector placement
Lack of USB 2.0
Lack of voltage adjustments
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications