The first conclusion we can draw from this review is that, on an AMD Athlon system, there is no performance difference between DDR333 and DDR266 memory. This is because the Athlon's front side bus cannot make use of the extra memory bandwidth DDR333 provides. This is also why the Abit KR7A-RAID and the Soltek 75DRV5 performed so close in all tests.
The Soltek 75DRV5 itself was quite fast and very stable, however, its poor overclocking features, lack of USB 2.0 and RAID make it hard for me to recommend over previous KT333 boards we've tested. That said, the 75DRV5 came with one of the most extensive software bundles I've seen and the Anti-Burn Shield II feature was a very nice addition for those that are worried about their processor burning up in the event of a fan or heatsink failure. The 75DRV5's unique Redstorm Overclocking feature is also decent for those that are new to the overclocking scene.
Overall, if you do not think you'll be needing RAID or USB 2.0 support, and are not expecting to do any extreme overclocking, then the Soltek 75DRV5 is quite decent. However, as you have seen from our past KT333 coverage, there are better options out there. At a price of $AUD242 the board is also relatively inexpensive, but not as cheap as I have come to expect from Soltek.
Excellent software bundle
Anti-Burn Shield II
No USB 2.0
Overclocking could have been better
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- Modern Warfare Remastered: maps, dedicated servers and more
- Infinite Warfare is Call of Duty's first interplanetary space odyssey
- Radiohead has left the internet
- NVIDIA 365.10 drivers optimized for Overwatch, Forza
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched