- Stronger Casing
Compared to its older brother, the new CC light kit measuring in at 32cm in length has a much stronger and noticeable casing which is made out of thickened acrylic casing to prevent breakage or damage. While a chair leg accidentally sitting on it while on the ground during installation will not save it from a certain death, it is much more solid than that of its brother.
While on the subject of casing, as I mentioned earlier, these new CC light kits come with colored casing depending on which light you desire - Blue, green, red or UV. The idea of this is to help improve the color the light outputs and as we proved in one of the previous photos, it does just that.
Sound Sensitivity - DJ Tweak in da house!
This is where things start to liven up a little.
Usually, case modders would place neon lights inside of their cases, for those who have case windows, to show off the cases precious assets and to add that certain style only neon lighting can offer.
I'll admit it; the trusty neon and case window combination does look pretty cool, as proved by thousands worldwide...but why not take it one step further. Instead of putting up with people tapping on your case to see the light flash and for the fact I already have neon lighting inside my case - I have placed the light kit outside of the case, and in actual fact on the top of my monitor. Getting interesting now?
A few days ago I came up with the idea of placing the sensor for the sound sensitive feature of the light kit next to one of my four speakers, creating that light effect you'd usually only find in night clubs where the neon flashes in time to the music - And in the case of this CC light kit, in perfect time. Placing the light kit on top of my 21" Sony monitor really does bring the entertainment side of the PC to a new level and a stunning one at that.
The light coming from the neon is that powerful when it is night and all lights in the room are off (and the room is fairly large), the whole room flashes in tune to the music - I can only imagine what people must think as they drive past (it can even be seen from the street, and we are on the third level) - It would probably only take the addition of an extra red light kit to start getting the attention of the police.
To demonstrate what I have been telling you, using my trusty digital camera I took a video of the setup in action with a bit of Bounce to This by DJ Alligator Project which I found was one of the best songs to show how cool the sound sensitive feature of this light kit really is. Please remember the digital camera I used was not designed to take videos of this kind and obviously the neon does look a lot better actually looking at it. The video is 704kb in size and in MPG format - Download it here!
I've only got one complaint when it comes to the light kit as far as the sound sensitivity side of it goes. If you own a loud and heavy bass speaker system (like my Altec Lansing ADA890 system, reviewed here), once you start to push the volume up high the neon light becomes less effective because there is too much loud sound for it to handle and it stays on with no variation in the flash - However, keeping in mind this light kit was designed to be placed inside your case and not directly in front of a speaker. And if the consistent flashing ends up getting to you, you can use the switch to either turn the light off completely or have it on without reacting to sound. Aside from that, this would have to be one of the coolest things I've ever reviewed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- OWC Introduces 3TB Mercury Elite Pro External Storage
- Raijintek Atlantis Line of DIY Watercooling Products Now Available
- EVGA Announces the 'Bullets or Blades' Bundle
- Seagate Completes Acquisition of Dot Hill Systems
- Be Quiet! Announces Silent Base 600 Case Series