Some More Features
- Expansion Configuration
The ABIT TH7 RAID motherboard uses a 1/5/1 (AGP/PCI/CNR) expansion configuration layout. This layout is becoming a popular one now with the majority of motherboard manufactures, I would have personally liked to see ABIT replace the CNR slot with an older ISA slot as they are still more widely used compared to the newer CNR slot.
- Thermal Sensor Header
Yet another handy feature of this motherboard is the header designed for a thermal sensor to be included for detecting the system temperature of a certain part on the motherboard, usually the heatsink temperature. ABIT have included a basic thermal sensor cable in the package if you choose to take advantage of this feature.
- Installation and Stability
Installation went without a hitch, and no jumpers or BIOS settings needed to be changed either, which made the system upgrade just that little bit more effortless. All drivers needed, not already present on Windows 2000, were able to be located on the CDROM which ABIT includes with the package. After building the system up, I didn't even have to format under Windows 2000 to get this system up and running as I was previously using a Intel reference board also using the Intel 850 chipset with the same IDE controller.
The ABIT TH7 RAID motherboard is stable under all operations we tested, in all our benchmarking (such as continual Quake 3 Arena and 3DMark 2001 loops) the system did not crash once, nor did it have any obvious graphics glitches when the Intel Pentium 4 processor was clocked at 1.5GHz and 1.6GHz.
- CPU Socket Area
The area around the socket of the processor is clear and allows for the easy installation of heatsinks such as the Intel stock cooler and Global Win Pentium 4 heatsink.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition unboxed, it's BEAUTIFUL
- Nintendo wants to make Star Fox, Pikmin and Yoshi anime
- Radeon Vega Frontier barely beats GTX 1080 in tests
- Halo Wars 2's latest update includes multi-GPU support
- Ubisoft could be working on next-gen Splinter Cell
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus