Some More Features
- Expansion Configuration
The ABIT TH7 RAID motherboard uses a 1/5/1 (AGP/PCI/CNR) expansion configuration layout. This layout is becoming a popular one now with the majority of motherboard manufactures, I would have personally liked to see ABIT replace the CNR slot with an older ISA slot as they are still more widely used compared to the newer CNR slot.
- Thermal Sensor Header
Yet another handy feature of this motherboard is the header designed for a thermal sensor to be included for detecting the system temperature of a certain part on the motherboard, usually the heatsink temperature. ABIT have included a basic thermal sensor cable in the package if you choose to take advantage of this feature.
- Installation and Stability
Installation went without a hitch, and no jumpers or BIOS settings needed to be changed either, which made the system upgrade just that little bit more effortless. All drivers needed, not already present on Windows 2000, were able to be located on the CDROM which ABIT includes with the package. After building the system up, I didn't even have to format under Windows 2000 to get this system up and running as I was previously using a Intel reference board also using the Intel 850 chipset with the same IDE controller.
The ABIT TH7 RAID motherboard is stable under all operations we tested, in all our benchmarking (such as continual Quake 3 Arena and 3DMark 2001 loops) the system did not crash once, nor did it have any obvious graphics glitches when the Intel Pentium 4 processor was clocked at 1.5GHz and 1.6GHz.
- CPU Socket Area
The area around the socket of the processor is clear and allows for the easy installation of heatsinks such as the Intel stock cooler and Global Win Pentium 4 heatsink.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple hits record sales with their Apple Watch
- Uber is opening an advanced AI lab
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand