- DIY Switches
One of the most impressive yet simple and cheap features of this motherboard is it's DIY onboard switches. Two push button switches are mounted onboard to power up and reboot the system. I find this feature extremely useful when I test motherboards and don't want to spend the extra time finding the correct header for the power and reset cables to plug into when I'm just going to pull it out and replace it with another motherboard, very nice indeed.
- POST Code Display
The LED device pictured above displays the "POST" code, the acronym of Power On Self Test, this is executed whenever the computer is switched. The POST process is controlled by the BIOS. It is used as a diagnostic to detect the status of the computer's main components. This feature would prove very handy if you are having troubles with your computer, you can refer back to the detailed manual which will have the POST code which will in turn tell you the problem.
- 3 Onboard USB Ports
Another notable feature of this motherboard is that it has three onboard USB ports, whereas every other motherboard designed for the Intel Pentium 4 I have seen to date only have two, just another handy feature of this motherboard. An extra two USB ports can be attached to this motherboard, meaning you will have support for up to five USB devices. The game port for joysticks and so forth isn't onboard, a game port bracket with extension cable is included, the cable is plugged into the game header on the motherboard if needed.
Overclocking on the ABIT TH7 RAID motherboard is done through ABit's legendary SoftMenu II technology which gives you plenty of preset clock frequency selections. We were able to overclock our Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz sample processor to 1.6GHz using ABit's SoftMenu II overclocking feature in the BIOS of the motherboard. I tend to believe that the processor is locked or cannot be overclocked past 1.6GHz, because I tried overclocking past 1.6GHz on the Intel D850GB reference motherboard and I couldn't break the 1.6GHz barrier either.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni