- DIY Switches
One of the most impressive yet simple and cheap features of this motherboard is it's DIY onboard switches. Two push button switches are mounted onboard to power up and reboot the system. I find this feature extremely useful when I test motherboards and don't want to spend the extra time finding the correct header for the power and reset cables to plug into when I'm just going to pull it out and replace it with another motherboard, very nice indeed.
- POST Code Display
The LED device pictured above displays the "POST" code, the acronym of Power On Self Test, this is executed whenever the computer is switched. The POST process is controlled by the BIOS. It is used as a diagnostic to detect the status of the computer's main components. This feature would prove very handy if you are having troubles with your computer, you can refer back to the detailed manual which will have the POST code which will in turn tell you the problem.
- 3 Onboard USB Ports
Another notable feature of this motherboard is that it has three onboard USB ports, whereas every other motherboard designed for the Intel Pentium 4 I have seen to date only have two, just another handy feature of this motherboard. An extra two USB ports can be attached to this motherboard, meaning you will have support for up to five USB devices. The game port for joysticks and so forth isn't onboard, a game port bracket with extension cable is included, the cable is plugged into the game header on the motherboard if needed.
Overclocking on the ABIT TH7 RAID motherboard is done through ABit's legendary SoftMenu II technology which gives you plenty of preset clock frequency selections. We were able to overclock our Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz sample processor to 1.6GHz using ABit's SoftMenu II overclocking feature in the BIOS of the motherboard. I tend to believe that the processor is locked or cannot be overclocked past 1.6GHz, because I tried overclocking past 1.6GHz on the Intel D850GB reference motherboard and I couldn't break the 1.6GHz barrier either.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- Chrome Data Saver mode now reduces data usage up to 70%
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China
- IGEL UDC2 now converts enterprise-class Dell Wyse thin clients
- Technology and Innovation Key to Cost Reduction and Capital Efficiency as Companies Strive to Meet Future Energy Demand, IHS Says
- Patriot Introduces 128GB Compact USB Flash Drives for Optimal Portable Storage Solutions